We respect your privacy and your personal information and for this reason, we take all reasonable measures, in accordance with this Policy, to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential, even when you are no longer our customer.
We also voluntarily subscribe to the principles, outlined in Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (“ECT Act”), which govern your right to having your personal information kept private. We briefly outline these principles below:
- We will only collect, disclose, collate, process and store (“use”) your personal information with your express written permission unless legally required to do so, and will only use such information for the lawful purpose for which it is required
- We will disclose in writing, the specific purpose for which we use, request and store your personal information. We will also keep a record of that personal information and the specific purpose for which we collect it
- We will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you, unless you give us your express written permission to do so, or unless we are permitted to do so by law
You hereby provide us with your express written permission to use your personal information, share certain of your personal information with an affiliate party (which includes a subsidiary of Diamond Jewellery International, our shareholders and other business partners), to analyze and combine your personal information for the purposes of compiling a profile of you, and to send promotional material to you in the ordinary course of our business of providing you with the services.
Personal information which you choose to provide to other websites will be subject to the privacy policies of those websites.
We will not use or disclose your personal information unless you have given your permission, except for the following purposes:
- to assess, operate and improve this website and the services provided through it once we have collected and analysed your personal information, we may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you. If any of this promotional information relates to products, promotions, news or services of an affiliate party, and if you indicate that you would like more details, we may inform the affiliate party to contact you directly. We will however, only inform an affiliate party to contact you directly if you have indicated that this is agreeable to you
- if we are required to disclose such Personal Information by any applicable law, regulation or legal process
Your privacy is important to us. We will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised entities or other third parties, for their independent use, without your consent. With your permission, we will only share your Personal Information with carefully chosen, reputable and trustworthy third parties. We will follow the relevant legal requirements and use all reasonable precautions to ensure that only responsible third parties see your Personal Information. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or act or omission of third parties who receive the Personal Information. Your Personal Information may be used, transferred to or stored in countries outside your own.
If at any stage, after you have given us your consent, you no longer wish us to use or share your personal information with an affiliate party, you may at any stage withdraw your consent.
How we collect your Personal Information
Whenever you use this website, complete an application form, contact us electronically, or use one of the services or facilities offered by us or any affiliate party, we will collect your personal information.
Protection of your Personal Information
We value the information that you choose to provide us with and will therefore take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information we maintain concerning our customers is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
When you use the services or facilities provided by us, you may be given a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your username and password.
Personal Information held by or disclosed by you to a third party
If you prefer, you can set your Internet browser to refuse.
Which laws apply